Camp Lovejoy is located in the Town of Knox in the Helderberg Mountains. Acquired in 1957 with a generous contribution from Jesse R. Lovejoy, the grounds include a swimming pool, ponds, hiking trails, an outdoor amphitheater, arts & crafts building, picnic pavilions, playing fields and an adventure ropes course.
Camp Lovejoy is a day camp for youth ages 6 to 14. Enrolled campers are transported daily by bus to camp. Breakfast snack, Lunch and afternoon snack are included in the fee. All campers enjoy a wide range of activities including daily swims, swim lessons, sports, project adventure, arts & crafts, dance, science & nature and much more.
Camp Lovejoy 2014 Registration Forms
*DSS Public Assistance & Day Care Authorization Accepted- With a requirement of 3 days attendance per week.
Camp Payment Plan Available- contact the office at 374-4714 from January-February to set up a plan to have Camp paid for before it begins in June! This is an excellent opportunity to take the burden of having to come up with lump payments by spreading the payments out over the course of 3 - 4 months. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED YOU MUST SET UP AN APPOINTMENT IN JANUARY OR FEBRUARY WITH THE CLUB TO FILL OUT YOUR PAPERWORK AND SET THE COST OF THE PAYMENTS.
***PLEASE NOTE- As of July 18, there are only 6 spots at camp available.
They are all for Week 7 (8/11-8/15) and on Bus A only.
To pay for Week 7 on-line click here
2014 Camp Schedule
- Week 1– June 30 - July 4 (closed on the 4th)
- Week 2 - July 7 - July 11
- Week 3 - July 14 - July 18
- Week 4 - July 21 - July 25
- Week 5 - July 28 - August 1
- Week 6- August 4 - August 8
- Week 7 - August 11 - August 15
Camp Specialty Programs
Specialty programs will take place at Camp Lovejoy during the morning session. Choose Your Interest
- The Explorers - 6 year olds - An exciting first time camp experience.
- Drama- Ages 9-14: Combining acting and dancing instructions, set and costume design with rehearsals culminating in a final performance on Family Night, August 7. This is a six week program.** To enroll in the drama program children must be registered for camp weeks 1 through 6.**
- Wilderness Adventure- Ages 7-14: Team building, problem solving, climbing and wilderness survival.
- Sports- Ages 7-14: Learn the fundamentals of various sports and enhance skills while instilling the values of teamwork, sportsmanship, and having FUN!
- Jr. Lifeguard Prep - Ages 13 –14: Start early and prepare for Lifeguard certification.**Must be able to swim**.
- Multi Media - Ages 8-14: Campers will use photography, art, and writing incorporating technology which will culminate with the production of a Camp Lovejoy Yearbook.
- Science Exploration - Ages 7-14: Through hands on experiments and exploration, campers will discover more about the world around them and recognize science in everything we do.
- Dance - Ages 7-14: Having fun learning and participating in different types of dance.
- Pottery - Ages 7-14: Focusing on clay art, campers will be inspired to create, foster self-discovery, and learn to appreciate art.
- Glee Club - Ages 7-14: Have fun harmonizing with fellow campers while learning new songs.
*Family Fun Night (August 7)
Campers will participate in all camp activities for the afternoon session.
Interested in joining the camp?
The 2014 Camp Lovejoy Packet containing Camp Information, Schedule, Fees, Code of Conduct, Registration Form and Summer Food Info will be available online soon.
Register at any Boys & Girls Clubs of Schenectady Location or Call: 518-374-4714
Interested in working at the camp?
Employment Application and Reference Forms