Boys & Girls Clubs of Schenectady and COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Schenectady has been very carefully tracking the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and the impact it is having in our country.
It is of the utmost importance to our organization that we help keep our children, teens, families and staff safe. As a result, we have worked to put in place some strategies to help prevent any spread of the virus. We are working in conjunction with the school districts as well as consulting with the Schenectady County Public Health Services to help ensure that we are doing everything we can to keep everyone safe.
The most current information for sites controlled by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Schenectady during this crisis:
2020-2021 Clubhouse Programs
While there is currently no vaccine to prevent this virus, these simple steps can help stop the spread of this and other respiratory viruses:
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available,
use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Stay home when you are sick.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Center for Disease Control COVID-19 Resources and Guidance:
Resources for Schenectady County:
For general questions about coronavirus, call the NYS Coronavirus Hotline: 1-888-364-3065